The global printed textile market size is expected to reach US$ 266 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc; registering a 8.9% CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid developments in digital printing coupled with its rising penetration in the textile industry is anticipated to drive the market growth.
Also, changing consumer buying pattern pertaining to the usage of printed fabrics is likely to have a positive impact on the product demand over the forecast period. In addition, technological advancements in printing techniques coupled with the introduction of high-speed digital printers by various companies are projected to drive the market.
The ability of these textiles to provide a wide range of designs according to the customer requirement is expected to boost the product demand. Furthermore, the increasing application of digital printing technology for printing photographic images on banners for advertising and decoration is anticipated to have a positive impact on product demand.
Further findings from the research suggest:
- Pigment dye inks are estimated to witness growth at a CAGR of 8.7%, in terms of volume, from 2019 to 2025 on account of its ability to provide economical printing by ensuring less wash offs, reducing the time required for printing, and quick sampling
- The application of printed textiles in fashion accounted for 65.7% of the global volume share in 2018, owing to rapid developments in the fashion industry coupled with changing consumer preferences towards the usage of printed garments, bags, and shoes
- Cotton printed textiles is expected to account for 44.9% by 2025 in terms of volume, on account of its increasing adoption in garments attributed to the biodegradable and easy printability of the material which aids in holding the inks onto the fabric
- The Asia Pacific accounted for 34.4% of the global revenue share in 2018, owing to the growth of the clothing and textile industry in the developing economies of China and India coupled with rising demand for unique patterns in garments among the consumers
- Major players in the printed textile market are engaged in adopting new techniques for printing such as digital printing to provide high-quality fabrics in shorter time span, which aids the companies in gaining an edge over its competitors.