India ITME – India’s pioneer and largest textile machinery exhibition is inviting nominations for the second edition of India ITME Society Awards 2022. India is aiming towards becoming a super technology provider to the world and has a vision of developing 100 Indian textile machinery champions. India ITME Society Awards focuses on recognising the dedication and hard work of textile technology and engineering stakeholders.
India ITME Society Awards 2022 is scheduled to be presented on 8th December 2022 at India Exposition Mart, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, and will set the tone for the start of the biggest textile engineering show, which is being organised after a long gap of six years.
The winners will be felicitated with cash award, trophy and certificate in the format best suitable to the category. With the wide network of the India ITME Society, the recognition of the awards will not just be limited to the delegates present at the award function but will also be circulated to the wide database and the entire press and ministry associated with the India ITME Society. The booklet copies will be presented to all international and national delegates in current as well as all subsequent events India ITME Society is an active part of.
This 2nd edition of awards looks to recognise and felicitate awards in the following new categories:
- Category 1 – Award for Overall Best Performer in Engineering Industry presented in 8 Specific categories (Ginning | Spinning| Weaving & weaving preparatory |Processing & Finishing | Garmenting | Printing | Accessories for Textiles | Technical Textiles )
- Category 2 – Award for Best Innovative Technology for Pollution Control
- Category 3 -Women Leadership Award in Textile & Textile Engineering
- Category 4 -Award for Research Excellence
- Category 5 – Textile Maestro
The nominations are open through the following google form link: https://forms.gle/yyA6qefKKsUEjGdE8
The link also contains details about every award category, eligibility criteria, and general instructions. The last date for submission of nomination is 15th September 2022.
The nominations will be vetted, and presented to the panel jury, which will meet on September 30. The Jury Panel includes:
- Uday Gill, Chief Executive Officer, Fibers, Indorama Ventures Ltd
- Updeep Singh, President & CEO, Sutlej Textiles and Industries Ltd
- Manohar Samuel, Advisor, R&D, Reliance Industries Limited
- Gurudas V Aras, India consultant to the ITA group, Germany and APS GmbH & Strategic Business Advisor & Mentor for many textiles & engineering businesses
- Sanjay Jayavarthanavelu, Chairman & Managing Director at Lakshmi Machine Works Ltd & a Past Chairman of India ITME Society
- R. Anand, Partner, Eastern Engineering Company
- Sanjiv Lathia, Past Chairman of India ITME Society
- Dr. Manisha Mathur, Director, SASMIRA
- Ketan Sanghvi, Hon. Treasurer of India ITME Society
- S. Hari Shankar, Chairman of India ITME Society