The ITMA Sustainable Innovation Award has been created by CEMATEX. The Award comprises two categories: an Industry Excellence Award for textile and garment manufacturers; and a Research & Innovation Excellence Award, open to Master’s degree students.
Sarika Borikar, post-graduate student from Ichalkaranji’s DKTE Institute won the second prize in the category of ‘Research and Innovation Excellence Award’ and a prize of Euro 5000 at ITMA for her PG project on “Sanitary Napkin: A Greener Approach”.
Dr.U J Patil, Deputy Director of DKTE who was her guide for her project accepted the award on her behalf. Dr.P.V.Kadole, Director, DKTE and Prof. L G Patil were present on this occasion. Prof. Mrs. P M Katkar and Prof. Mrs. S V Chavan were the co-guides for this project.
Research & Innovation Excellence Award for Master’s recognises outstanding achievements in textile and garment related post-graduate research. Several institutes across the globe participated in this contest. The judges for the events were all stalwarts from different fields:
- Giorgio Calculli (Training & Member Relations Manager – ACIMIT Italy)
- Vladan Koncar (Professor – ENSAIT France)
- Thomas Gries (Director RWTH Aachen University, Germany)
- Takeshi Kikutani – (President, The Society of Fibre Science and Technology, Japan (SFSTJ)
- Behnam Pourdeyhimi – (Professor, College of Textiles, North Carolina State University USA)