Uttarakhand allocates land for Textile Park

0
1072

North Indian state Uttarakhand has earmarked over 103 acres of land for establishing Textile Park at the State Infrastructure and Industrial Development Corporation of Uttarakhand Ltd (SIDCUL), in Sitarganj. The park is to be completed in the current year, said NK Koranga, DGM, SIDCUL, in Rudrapur recently. The park is to be established in joint venture with the Central government holding 40 percent share and the industrialists and the state government having the remaining 60 percent, confirmed Gaurav Chatwal, Regional Manager, SIDCUL. Chatwal said, seven textile manufacturers from across the country had applied to establish their units at the park in Sitargaj.  The announcement of setting up the textile park was made in 2012 and later foundation stone of the project was laid by then Union Textile Minister Anand Sharma. However, the project did not move forward due to procedural delays. If the park is established according to plans, each company will be able to create over 3,000 jobs. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

1 + 2 =