As the world grapples with environmental challenges, manufacturers are actively integrating sustainability principles into their businesses. In line with the trends and needs of the industry, CEMATEX has introduced this award to further encourage and recognise outstanding industry members and post-graduate students for their contributions to the sustainable development of the global textile and garment industry. The Industry Excellence Award is a recognition of textile and garment manufacturers who have leveraged on technological innovations to advance business sustainability that benefit people, planet and profit. So the finalists are
1. Berto Industria Tessile SRL
2. Gebrüder Otto GmbH & Co. KG
3. Levi Strauss & Co.
As for the other award – Research & Innovation Excellence Award, it is an acknowledgement of outstanding achievements in textile and garment related post-graduate research. The finalists are:
1. Jan Vincent Jordan, Institut für Textiltechnik, RWTH Aachen University
2. Jenifer Schneidereit, Hochschule Niederrhein
3. Moniruddoza Ashir, Institute of Textile Machinery and High Performance Material Technology, TU Dresden
The winners will be announced at the award ceremony held at the ITMA 2015 Gala Dinner on 12 November 2015.