SAVIO Macchine Tessili S.p.A. is a hundred-plus years old company, established in 1911 at Pordenone, Italy. Savio is the first manufacturer to come out with a breakthrough concept for energy saving in winding: suction on demand.
SAVIO introduced the new concept winder EcoPulsarS at ITMA at Milan, Italy, in 2015. The unique EcoPulsarS is designed to save up to 30% of the energy used to wind yarn. The EcoPulsarS has no common suction fan – which in the case of conventional automatic winders works all the time, and is an energy guzzler. Instead, in the EcoPulsarS each individual spindle has a small suction fan and a waste collection chamber which work only when the yarn end breaks. In other words, when the productive motor (drum motor) is in normal operation, the suction motor does not operate, resulting in significant savings in energy.
In addition, unlike conventional automatic winders with common suction fans, the EcoPulsarS does not need any trench for hot air discharge, which results in reduced civil work for EcoPulsarS installations. Instead, suction is generated close to the application according to the requirement in all spindles, the preparation station, the stripper area, etc.
- Flexible cycle – independent operation of upper arm, lower arm and splicer
- Intelligent on/off modulation – anti-patterning device that works only on critical diameters
- Tensor – online tension monitoring system
- Integrated panel – with 15” monitor
- Possibility of centralised monitoring
- High speed preparation stations
- Intelligent feeding system
- Modular layout – possibility of providing second station in between the machine for proper distribution of cops
Exclusive features of EcoPulsarS
- Suction on demand – individual suction arrangement – offers up to 30% power savings
- Increased productivity – up to 10%
- No common suction fan and so no exhaust trench required
- CCS – Controlled Cut System – for less/no repeat cycle
- High suction pressure on consecutive attempts
- Flexibility of positioning wax – above/ below clearer
- MESDAN 985 – newly designed air splicer – with 2 air controls
- Double damper tension device – with finger system; more precise and effective
- Cyclone waste collection – not disturbing production; no need to stop machine for cleaning
- New designed heavy duty cradle with touch sensors
- LED illumination for faster reach and identification
To maintain high quality standards, most of the components used in the SAVIO winders are manufactured within the SAVIO group:
- Drum, twin splicers from SAVIO
- Electronics and PCBs from EUTRON
- Electronic Yarn Clearers (EYC) from LOEPFE
- Air, water and thermal splicers are from MESDAN
- Monitoring software from BMS VISION
SAVIO is the only winder manufacturer having a huge set up in India for after-sales support.
The service headquarters at Coimbatore with more than 30 qualified engineers and a fully loaded spares centre is in operation to extend customer support after sales. A well-equipped electronic lab is situated at Coimbatore for PCB related support. The technical support office helps customers on trials on simulated conditions on customer materials for better results. The facility also has a training centre and showroom of machines to train the customers’ technicians in depth. A similar service office with training facility is also available at Ludhiana with a dedicated team of experts. Offices at locations like Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Guntur and Kolhapur take care of regional service activities.